Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Online Bible Study Tools

I thought I would share some of what I use to do online bible study.

My favorite site for looking up verses and doing bible searches is:
Bible Gateway
They have a wonderful search function and MANY bible translation available.

Lately, for my daily bible reading, I have been using:
Crosswalk
because I like their "Bible in a Year" feature. It has the entire bible broken up into daily readings. Each day includes Old Testiment, New Testiment and either a Psalm or Proverb. If you register on the site and allow them to place a cookie on your computer, it wall keep track of your progress on a calendar which is nice. They also have several translations to choose from.

Both of he above sites have several study tools as well as commentary.

Another site I like to use when I am really digging into a particular verse is:
Blue Letter Bible
This site is strictly King James version, but I like that you can see the text in it's original Hebrew or Greek. Along with this, each Hebrew/Greek work is defined and every time that particular word is used throughout the bible is listed.

No comments: